25 May 2017
Duration of the master class: 7 days
Dates: July 31 – August 6, 2017
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Preparation of the waxу binder for pigments. (A unique interpretation of the ancient method of painting with water soluble wax medium, described in “The Herminia” by Dionysius of Fourna)
- Writing icon in the technique of wax painting by the master Andrei Zharov, for a visual demonstration of the principles of work with wax paints.
- The practice under the guidance of a teacher. Each participant will write his own icon in the technique of cold encaustic.
- Writing icon, its specificity and features in wax painting.
- Writing of the image with wax paints using the method of simultaneous work with lights and shadows.
The final covering of the icon
Materials and coffee breaks are included in the price.